UPT. International Services is a technical implementing unit that carries out tasks in the field of international affairs within the Jambi University. Established in 2013 according to the Decree of the Chancellor of the University of Jambi Number 20/UN21/DT/2013, and in 2014 the Rector’s Decree was strengthened by the Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia No. 19 on the Organization and Governance of Jambi University. In general, the purpose of establishing UPT. International Services is to improve the governance, development, and implementation of the internationalization of higher education in order to improve its reputation in the international arena. Its main tasks are as follows:
- Implementation of the preparation of UPT plans, programs, and budgets;
- Facilitation of international cooperation;
- Implementation of immigration services/foreign service travel for local and foreign lecturers, employees, and students;
- Implementation of Jambi University’s international promotion;
- Implementation and/or facilitation of benchmarking education at Jambi University with education at other universities abroad; and
- Implementation of UPT administrative affairs.