General Information of the Project
The SEA Teacher Project or the “Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia” is a project initiated by the Southeast Asia Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO). By collaborating with universties in Southeast Asia, the project aims to provide opportunity for pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have teaching experiences (practicum) in schools in other countries in Southeast Asia.
In specific, the objectives of the program are:
- To enable pre-service student teachers to develop their teaching skills and pedagogy
- To encourage the pre-service student teachers to practice their English skills
- To allow the pre-service student teachers to gain a broader regional and world view
- To expose future teachers to diverse teaching and learning situations and opportunities, and the value of flexibility.
In Universitas Jambi, the project is named PPL Internasional ASEAN. It is an intracurricular academic activity for undergraduate students (S1) in Universitas Jambi. It is an enhancement of the prevailing internship program which assigned students to have practicum in ASEAN Member Countries. The program is a blend of theory and practice, therefore, it reflects students’ competence in the application of curriculum.
Students wishing to apply to SEA Teacher program should submit the following documents:
- Application form (Typed and No Hand Writing) (download here);
- Recommendation letter from Head of Department/Study Program (downlod here);
- Recommendation letter from Academic Advisor (for applicants with GPA below 3.5);
- Student Consent signed by students (hand writing, capital letter, blak ink) (download here);
- Parent Consent (on Materai Rp. 6000,- signed by parent or guardian) (hand writing, capital letter, blak ink)(download here);
- Copy of ID and Student Card;
- Copy of transcript of record;
- Copy of passport (if available, front page and pages with immigration stamp or visa).
All files should be submitted to International Office.